Monday, March 30, 2009

'The People's Poem'

When it's time to make a choice
We must choose, quick.
For in light of every decision,
Consequences are made to stick.
But when I'm faced to choose, I can never seem to pick
And when I do decide, it's never a proper fit
So at every opportunity to gain, with an open heart I pray,
I get,
The chance for my mind to shine brighter when my bulb is dimly lit
I may not always understand these shuffled papers full of type,
I may not comprehend numeric values left and right,
But eyes exposed to the world leaves nothing faulty within sight
For all this beauty I'm taking in, propels my ink on paper,
to Write.
And save these stories from the darkness
Granting these untold truths some
Light.
It has been said that art imitates life
It's the same life I see, surrounding me, while riding the 3, that inspires me
To prove this theory,
Right.
So I write about the sites-
The art of observation
Thanking my omnipotent Creator
For visual pre-occupation
So on days like today when I'm feeling irrate or impatient
I blink my eyes, and stray away from cowardly lamentation
Instead embracing my obligation
Thanking Him for not foresaking, me.
Asking for courage and duality,
To pursue my passion, with energy, still,
To wake up in the morning to work and pay my bills
But even in the very job that I curse,
There's a rare blessing each time I reach for my purse,
And run out the door, boarding, at 8:34,
I'll open my eyes, enthralled to see,
The beauty of human life all around me,
Riding the rails, with places to be,
Carrying on, with a will that's
Free.
Yet, somehow, we all feel the same captivity,
Of going somewhere we would rather not,
Be.

No comments: