Monday, April 9, 2012

Let it B.



I don’t remember how it felt the last time before I fell

But before I hit the pavement, reservations, please do tell

Because at 90 miles per hour every second is moving fast

But pump a little brake, God forbid I burn and crash

I tried to resist the advances; dirty dances & fancy dinners

You call me all the time, stay on your mind like summer breeze

You express your care and commitment- and overall, I’m truly pleased

So I declare you a winner,

Because those other bums can’t hold a candle.

The inconsistency revealed- guess I was just too hot to handle.

You’re like those other guys but you’re not like those other guys

Although I’ve been fooled before by sincerity in a man’s eyes

Always starts off well; constant attention and promise of steady,

But in the blink of an eye, they disappear-

They’re never ready.

But time determines life & life is ultimately your fate

Enjoying every moment, so I revel in staying awake.

I love the shirts you wear. Love the texture of your hair.

I love the way you stare, even when your boys are near.

Yet, I am a little scared- these joyous moments, I do fear.

Love starts as sweet as pie yet tends to end in cold despair.

So I guard my heart with diligence; like a lion in a cage

Seek & destroy my feelings –only to spark deep hurt & rage

And you don’t want that to happen, like Seal, I get a little crazy

I’m either tough as nails or serene like sweet Summer daisies

So you better not fuck this up. Or I will fuck you up.

Don’t dare drink from my cup if you don’t intend to finish it up.

But on a lighter note- I admire the way you dance.

The freedom in your hips, my attention it commands

I didn’t think that I even wanted to give you a chance

Jaded thoughts of romance-

Yet optimism, sparked a second glance.

Gentle in demeanor, yet firm in perfect stance.

The intensity of hidden thoughts evokes my thirst to know your plans.

You're sensuality is settle; mannerisms; haute masculine.

Michelangelo's statue of David-the category I'd frame you in.

Like Usher here I stand.

Of your persistence, I am a fan

So now just take my willing hand & go down the trail of true

Reason, season or lifetime-

Let time dictate all that we do.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it chev!


- c

Anonymous said...

love it chev!

- c